Continuum Wind Turbine Blade recycling


China has significantly expanded its wind turbine capacity in the last few years. This means that approximately 12.9 million tons of blade waste will be generated by 2050, creating an “urgent need” to recycle blades (, 2023).

Since 2021, the EU has banned the landfilling of glass fiber reinforced plastic (GRP), including wind turbine blades. This has given the company Continuum experience in recycling GRP, which they will use to expand their market in China.



Continuum has created a solution that can recycle GRP using 92% of the original material. The remaining 8% is metal and carbon fibers that are recycled by third parties.

Through the partnership, they will create a dialog between themselves and Chinese partners to explore the possibility and potential for a strengthened collaboration.


15/11/2023 – 01/04/2024

100.000 DKK

Supported by

Want to know more?


Other projects

All projects
  • Trace

  • Beyond Beta – CleanTech Acceleration

  • CO2 Vision NeXt

  • COP – Cirkular Ocean-Bound Plastic